Here are the best summer destinations to travel to for an amazing summer vacay with your folks! Read the full article with Pritish Halder to know more about all these exciting places. There is a long list of the best places to visit in summer . so, hang on, fasten your seatbelts, and get ready for the roller coaster ride of best holiday destinations in the world in summer!
Cappadocia – The Land Of Hot-Air Balloons
This marvelous city is known for its unique rock formations that have caves with ancient Islamic inscriptions. Mixed with the exotic culture and fascinating history of Turkey, this place is perfect for a romantic honeymoon, a trip with family, or even a solo backpacking adventure, making it one of the best places to visit in May outside India.
The balloon studded skies of Cappadocia aren’t the only thing that attracts people here. You’ll be equally blown away by its labyrinthine underground cities, caves, and ravines that will make you want to stay here forever. Visit this beautiful place and witness why this is one of the best summer destinations in the world.
- Tourist Attractions: Hot air balloon ride
- Best Time To Visit: April to May
- How To Reach: Fly to Istanbul and take a bus or hired vehicle to drive to Cappadocia.
- Places To Visit: Pigeon Valley, Pasabag, Uchisar Castle, Hasandağı
- Things To Do: Hot air balloon rides, cave exploration, and hiking
- Places To Stay: The Cappadocia Hotel, Cappadocia Cave Suites, and Cappadocia Caves Hotel
- Places To Eat: Topdeck Cave, Inci Cave, Cappadocian Cuisine
- Tips: Carry two bottles of water wherever you go to stay hydrated.
- Language Spoken: Cappadocian Greek
- Currency: Turkish lira
- Suggested Duration: 1-2 days
London– Gape At The Big Ben Tower
London is world-famous for its blissful summer weather, strict British guards that stand outside the revered Buckingham Palace, and the delicious fish and chips that will keep you coming back for more! There are plenty of reasons why it’s one of the best places to visit in May out of India, but it’s charming festivals like St. Patrick’s Day, Pancake Day, and Beer Week take that awesomeness to a new level altogether!
You can indulge in a lot of fun activities as there are many things to do in London. Alternatively, you can just hang out in the city’s bars and pubs to explore the fun nightlife and you’ll know why it’s one of the places to visit in summer outside India.
- Tourist Attractions: Pancake Day festival
- Best Time To Visit: March to May
- How To Reach: Fly to London Heathrow Airport.
- Places To Visit: Big Ben, The London Eye, Tower of London, Tower Bridge
- Things To Do In London: Shopping, nightlife, sightseeing, and food tours
- Places To Stay: Wellesley Hotel, Heston Hyde Hotel, Hilton London Tower Bridge, and Good Hotel
- Places To Eat: Sketch, Padella, and Amrutha Lounge
- Tips: Carry a light jacket or cardigan.
- Language Spoken: English
- Currency: Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Suggested Duration: 2-3 days
Prague – Hub Of Baroque Buildings
Looking for some absolutely magical places to visit in May outside India? Well, Prague has everything to make that dream come true! From the melodiousness tunes of the Municipal House to the peace of the Spanish synagogue, everything in this city is worth visiting.
Whether you choose to buy glass work near the Old Town or hike up to the Vysehrad Castle, you’ll surely end up having the time of your life! And the fact that it’s budget-friendly also makes it one of the top summer destinations for you to explore in Europe. Plus, the shopping places in Prague are worth checking out.
- Tourist Attractions: Horse-cart ride near Old Town
- Best Time To Visit: May to September
- How To Reach: Fly to Prague airport and take the shuttle or taxi to reach the city.
- Places To Visit: Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Old Town Square, St. Vitus Cathedral
- Things To Do In Prague: Shopping, hiking, visiting museums, and nightlife
- Places To Stay: Czech Inn, Hotel Carlton, Hotel NH Prague City, and Park Inn Hotel
- Places To Eat: Taaj Palace – Indian Restaurant, Bad Jeff’s Barbeque, and Restaurant Mlynec
- Tips: Get your currency converted only at certified stores.
- Language Spoken: Czech
- Currency: Czech Crowns (CZK)
- Suggested Duration: 2-3 days
Pokhara – Get The Views Of Stunning Mountains
There’s no better place than Nepal (and Bhutan) for one of the best summer vacations in the world. It’s quite underestimated but deserves all the attention of adventure seekers, trekkers, couples, solo backpackers, and even nature lovers. Pokhara is bounded by stunning mountains and possesses a lot of scenic beauty that enthralls visitors.
Blooming with a blissful weather and brimming with energy in the summer months, Pokhara is definitely best summer holiday destinations in the world that you just cannot miss out. And the best part, with so many budget hotels, homestays, and guest houses in Pokhara, you don’t even have to worry about expenses!
Tourist Attractions: Paragliding over snow-capped mountains
Best Time To Visit: April to June
How To Reach: Fly to Pokhara international airport.
Places To Visit: Phewa Lake, Devi’s Falls, Begnas Lake, Mahendra Cave
Things To Do: Trekking, paragliding, bungee jumping, ziplining, and boating
Places To Stay: Himalayan Front Hotel, Zostel Pokhara, Tuki Resort, and Nature Side Cottage
Places To Eat: Moondance Restaurant, Caffe Concerto, Olive Cafe, and Rosemary Kitchen
Tips: Pack woollens and thermals even in summers.
Language Spoken: Nepali and Gurung Bhasaa
Currency: Nepalese Rupee (NPR)
Suggested Duration: 2-3 days
Cape Town – Get Bird-Eye View From Cable Car
This South Africa city is pleasant even in the dry season, which is why most consider it to be an excellent place for the best summer vacations in the world. The prices are also low, so you’ll actually be able to experience everything on a budget. Imagine enjoying a cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain and dining on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with the least crowd and noise! Amazing, isn’t it? With so much to see and do in the summer season, you’ll surely want to stay in Cape Town forever! Also, check out this list of some of the best day trips from Cape Town for an amazing vacay.
- Tourist Attractions: Visit Boulders Beach to see penguins!
- Best Time To Visit: March to May
- How To Reach: Fly to Cape Town International Airport
- Places To Visit: Cape Point Nature Reserve, Signal Hill, Sea Point Swimming Pool, Robben Island Museum
- Things To Do: Swimming, picnicking, hiking, watersports, shopping, and food tours
- Places To Stay: Green Elephant Backpackers, Grande Kloof Boutique Hotel, Mojo Hotel, and DoubleTree By Hilton
- Places To Eat: Karibu Restaurant, Black Sheep Restaurant, Reverie Social Table, and Signal
- Tips: Do not venture into the alleys and streets alone at night.
- Language Spoken: Afrikaans, English, Xhosa
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR)
- Suggested Duration: 3-5 days